It’s A Volunteer Experience With All The Boring Parts Cut Out
“It feels like a week-long horror-geek summer camp reunion. There's no artifice, no pretense, no bullshit.” - Scott Weinberg, Cinematical
Fantastic Fest is looking for volunteers (18 years and older, please) for our 2015 festival. We need you to stand face to face with the celebs and the fans alike to make sure everyone has an Austin-Texas-Alamo-Drafthouse-good-time.
No other festival draws so many eclectic directors, writers, actors and genre film fanatics from across the globe, packs them into 60,000sq.ft. of space and mixes them all together with screenings, beer, karaoke, beer, BBQ, beer, trivia, beer, boxing and more beer! And you can help make it all happen.
If you are interested in volunteering with us for the first time, you must attend one of the Volunteer Sign-Up Sessions. Please note that volunteer slots may be limited, as returning volunteers will get first pick prior to this session.
• DATES WILL BE ANNOUNCED JUNE 2015 (We usually aim to do the info sessions in July or August.)
The Sign-Up Session will last about an hour and will answer all your questions about volunteering for the festival. At the conclusion of the session you will be allowed to sign up for any available shifts during the festival, so bring your calendars. Typically festival shifts occur anytime between 8am – 2am September 22 - October 1, 2015.
In addition to any shifts you sign up for, all volunteers must:
• Be able to attend one pre-meeting / training the week before the fest in September – DATE TBD.
• Be able to attend festival set-up the week before the fest in September – DATE TBD.
Hey, What’s In It For Me?
Never let it be said that the Alamo Drafthouse would let ya’ll go empty handed. So, in addition to the time of your life and our undying gratitude, this year’s volunteers will receive the following:
All Volunteers Receive:
• Fantastic Fest volunteer t-shirt(s)
• Free standby entry to movies during Fantastic Fest when off-shift (some restrictions apply)
• Free entry to Fantastic Fest parties and events (some restrictions apply)
• Free employee menu Alamo meal while on shift (please remember to tip your wait staff)
• Invitation to Volunteer Appreciation Party after the Fest
We also give out Alamo movie passes, food & beverage comp cards and additional Fantastic Fest swag to volunteers who work at least 24 hours. Stay tuned for more details!
This year’s festival takes place September 24th – October 1st, 2015. Keep an eye on www.fantasticfest.com in June 2015 for more information about volunteering for the festival and for links to pictures, blogs, articles and the like from previous festivals. And don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.