Ever wanted to chat with Leornard Maltin? Well here's your chance! Leonard will take a break from inteviewing a-listers and be in the HighBall selling and signing copies of his new book, HOOKED ON HOLLYWOOD!
Inside Hooked on Hollywood, get the scoop on:
• What was it like to work for Cecil B. DeMille and Jack L. Warner?
• How did Errol Flynn stash liquor on location in the mountains of New Mexico?
• Where was the spot called “Panic Peak” and why were Westerns made there?”
• Who were Hollywood’s good guys and gals, and who were the cads?
• How did being a catcher on a baseball team land one man an MGM front-office job?
Leonard Maltin finds the answers to these questions and hundreds more in Hooked on Hollywood: Discoveries from a Lifetime of Film Fandom. Leonard is America’s best-known film historian, film reviewer, and author of books that have sold more than 7 million copies. In Hooked on Hollywood, Leonard opens up his personal archive to take readers on a fascinating journey through film history. Included are some of his early interviews with film greats conducted by a teenaged Leonard Maltin in the late 1960s, and later, more in-depth interviews conducted with filmmakers and stars of Hollywood’s Golden Era—interviews that have never been published in book form. Also included in Hooked on Hollywood are featurettes—articles written by Leonard for his Movie Crazy newsletter about great films like Casablanca and the people who made them. What emerges is a fascinating, often hilarious journey through the soundstages and remote locations of Hollywood to see how the movies we now call “classic” were really made.